Candidates should check the eligibility criteria laid down by the Anna University before filling the TNEA Application Form. Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board to be eligible to apply for the TNEA 2019.
- O.C Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 40% of marks are mandatory for candidates belonging to B.C/MBC & reserved Category.
- TNEA Application Process will begin from May 2, 2019 and last till May 31, 2019.
Below given is the complete information regarding TNEA 2019 (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) Eligibility Criteria.
Candidates belonging to the native state of Tamil Nadu have to take care of the instructions given below while applying for TNEA 2019.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 Std. in Tamil Nadu can apply for TNEA. They need not include Nativity Certification.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 Std. Or their equivalent from educational organizations located outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They must include a duplicate copy of Nativity Certificate only in the form of a soft copy/ digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Son or Daughters of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their local, provided their mother and father or parents (only if both parents are not alive) have been employed in Tamil Nadu consistently for the past 5 years, supported by attaching certificates from the company of parents or guardian to that impact.
- Wards of All Indian Service Tamil Nadu cadre authorities are eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Wards of employees in the Public Sector or Government recognized Institution in Tamil Nadu working continuously for the past five years can also apply. They don’t need to submit domicile certificate for it. A certificate from the company has to be submitted along with the application stating that the individual is a permanent member of the company with proof like Income Tax Return, PF slips, etc. for past five years.
- Other state applicants who have passed 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They don’t need to include “Nativity Certificate”.
- Candidates those studied 12th from Tamil Nadu state are eligible to apply.
- Candidates those studied from outside of TN State can also apply by producing the Nativity Certificate only in Electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Other state candidate those completed their 12th form Tamilnadu state can also apply.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are also eligible to apply.
- Children of central government employees can also apply for the admission.
- Qualifying Exam:Candidate should pass the HSC/12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained minimum of 50% marks (45% for OBC, 40% for MBC/DNC/SC/ST/SCA) in PCM.